Free Tai Chi and Qigong class every Sunday, from 7 am to 8:30 am, as long as it does not rain, at the University of the Philippines, behind the Quezon Hall Bldg. (Admin Bldg.), Diliman, Quezon City.
We also have Free Tai Chi and Qigong class every Tue, Thu, and Sat, from 7 am to 8:30 am, at the Pan de Amerikana Bakery and Garden Restaurant, Gen. Ordonez, Concepcion, Marikina (sponsored by Pan de Amerikana).
Tai Chi class every Thursday, 5:30 pm to 7 pm, at the Business Solutions Center, inside Meralco Compound, Ortigas Avenue, Pasig City. Rate: PhP 300/person for a 1.5 hour session.
For inquiries, please contact Irene Chia at +63 917 845 6856 or e-mail us at peace.blossoms.society at gmail dot com.
Tai Chi: the Art and Science
of Accumulating and Harnessing Chi.
What is Tai Chi Chuan?
Tai Chi Chuan (pronounced “tie’ chee chuwan”) consist of a series of flowing gentle movements executed with precision at an even slow pace, prompting many to depict it as a slow-moving dance. It is a centuries-old system of Chinese origin that integrates mind, body and spirit to enjoy life and its bounties. continued...
What is Chi?
Tai Chi - A Key to Enjoying Life
The Origin of Tai Chi
Legends about Chang San-feng
The Basis of Tai Chi
Major Tai Chi Styles
Tai Chi – Way of Attuning with Oneself
Tai Chi: The Art of Moving Meditation
Tai Chi as a Healing Art
Tai Chi as a Martial Art
Tai Chi – A Superior Form of Exercise
Tai Chi – Living a Balanced and Healthy Life
Frequently Asked Questions
(About Tai Chi Chuan)
1. How should one begin the practice of Tai Chi Chuan? First, choose a style and solo form that you are very enthusiastic to learn. Enthusiasts of martial arts usually choose Chen style, while the great many who are interested in improving their health choose the Yang style. Whichever is the case the aspirant finds himself learning the basic solo form of his chosen style. continued...
2. Is Tai Chi only for old people?
3. What should the beginning student focus on?
4. Why is it difficult at first to remember the Solo Form?
5. Why do the legs mildly hurt at the beginning?
6. How can one improve in skill?
7. What are the Five Virtues of Tai Chi?
8. What are the Eight Truths of Tai Chi?
9. What are the Key Points to Observe in Tai Chi?
photos courtesy of Imelda Morales and Pan De Amerikana
2008 to 2014. All Rights Reserved. Peace Blossoms Internal Arts Society
Quezon City, Philippines